Cool Page

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Crown Adventure

" Come on!" urged Emily.
"Hurry up! I want to see the secret place!" Donna demanded.
"Yah! Please! Please! "Emily pleaded.
"Okay ! Okay! Just stop screaming in my face, " I replied with a sigh.
Outside, it was pouring. It was pouring like the sky had fallen down.
My friends were too excited to stand still.
" Oh! I should have never told them about the secret place I told them about over the phone. " I thought to myself. Even though it was raining really hard, my friends rushed over and started attacking me with questions.
I went over the the bookcase and started pushing.
" Are you trying to make the bookcase fall down on you? " asked Emily.
"Can you stop being so annoying? If you want to find out, just come over and help." I answered Emily wearily.
Three of us pushed, " One...uh...two...almost got it.. uh... and pushed!" Donna yelled.
"Not so loud," Emily complained, but also helped push. "You're hurting my ears!"
"EEEEEKKKK!!!!!!" the bookcase creaked. It had not been opened for many, many years.
We all stood stock-still staring wide-eyed at what we had discovered.
We had discovered a building shaped like a crown. There was golden light shimmering on it. Water surrounded it like a mini lake.
The mini lake also looks small, but nothing can be seen beyond the lake. The crown was goldish, had a door on it, and has steps leading up to the door.
I stepped into the water. My jeans soaked instantly and I stepped right back out. The water was freezing! I stepped in again. Water came down in my shoe like a waterfall. My legs shivered with coldness.
After a few minutes, we recovered from the fascinating crown and from the cold. Trying to ignore th coldness in the water, we waded across to the building that is shaped like a crown. The water came up to waist length. Surprisingly, the water got warmer and warmer as we wade deeper and deeper into the lake.
We finally reached our destination after what felt like forever.
" Wow! It's warm here!" Emily yelled with excitement.
" True! I can even feel my face sizzle with warmth, " Donna answered with a smile that lit up her whole face.
I questioned," should we go inside?"
"Hmmmm......sure!" replied Emily.
" Just get ready to defense yourself when any snake- ninjas come out!" Donna shivered.
" Come on, Donna, I'm 99% sure that there are no snake-ninjas in there, or at least not in this pleasant place," I answered assuringly.
In a quick flash, Emily yanked the hidden door open and gasped loudly.
Donna asked excitedly, " What! What! what do you see?"
"Donna, you sound like my three-year-old cousin!" I told her disapprovingly.
"Sorry! I was just rally curious what Emily found, " Donna honestly replied. Then she pushed Emily in and started shouting, " OOOOHHH MMMMMYYYYY GGGGOOOODDD!!!!!!" " LOOK AT THAT BEAUTIFUL TREASURE CHEST! I'M SURE IT COSTS A LOT!" Donna continued to holler.
I went closer and commented, "Hey! There's a piece of paper taped onto the wall!"
"Read it out loud." Emily declared.
Okay. So it says:
"Dear finder,
I hope you had fun and like this place I built. Open the chest under this piece of paper
to find treasures I collected all my life. There is stuff in there like ancient swords, precious
bracelets, and necklaces. I even got a gold nugget-"

"GOLD NUGGET!" Donna interrupted. " OH MY! I CALL FOR THE GOLD NUGGET!"
Emily shrugged and motioned for me to continue. So I did.
"-gold nugget in there. Have fun looking for stuff!
Sincerely,
Jack


The chest is velvet o the outside and the walls are goldish just like the outside, but more yellow.
Donna hurriedly opened the chest and half wailed and half cried," It's locked!!! What should we do?"
"Errrr.....Donna, if you have been not that excited, you would probably have seen the key next to the lock." Emily responded calmly.
"Oh! Right!" Donna said and she opened the chest.
Of course, Dona took the gold nugget. It was very shiny and it catches your eyes very often.
"Oh! It's heavy!" Donna squeaked.
"What had you expected? It's called GOLD nugget!" exclaimed Emily.
I took a necklace wit ha heart in the middle. There were words in the heart. It says :

BFF




Emily took a bracelet made with lavender colored beads and squealed," I really, really like purple!"
Then, Donna checked her pink watch and worriedly remembered," Oh dear! It's 1:50pm already! Too hard! You two need to help me!"
"Sure," Donna and I spoke in unison.
" IT wouldn't open!" Emily cried again.
"Oh dear! What should we do! I promise my brother to go to the movie theater and that means I only have five more minutes!"Donna worried.
"Donna, you sound like my grandmother," I told her.
At the same time, Emily mentioned,"Despertly worried is a great name for you!"
" Come on, you guys, not enough time for jokes!" Donna started crying because she was scared even though she is in 8th grade.
"it's not a joke Donna!"Emily argued.
"Okay! You two! I have an idea!" I stopped them
I whipped out my cell and called my brother.
He answered with a grunt," What now@ Don't you know I'm sleeping?"
"I know, but I" trapped." I yelled into the phone.
He came and opened the bookcase with our help.
"OOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM....."my brother didn't even finish his sentence,well phrase,but I can tell he is surprised. His eyes were bulging and they were as wide as can be.
He said," So this is where you were. Let me see your discovery. "Then he shoved me over and stepped in.




By: CINDY MAI



Hoped you enjoyed it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment